Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

No Bake Cookies


Hello everyone! Continuing on my cookie challenge, today I bring you No Bake Cookies. I was introduced to these marvelous things a long time ago, I think even before I got married. Back then I wasn't too confident about baking, so the thought of making cookies that didn't require baking were very appealing to me. I made these cookies and my then boyfriend (now husband) absolutely loved them! So I saved the recipe. It is such a simple cookie to make that I feel like I should make it more often... and it would be soooooooooooo hard to get rid of them... ;)
One tip though, this batch I made for a church luncheon, and so I doubled the recipe. It made 94 cookies! But, I wouldn't make more than that at once because towards the end the cookie "batter" started to harden a little bit inside the pot I mixed the ingredients in. So if you need to make more than 2 recipes of this cookie, I would recommend making it separately so you will have a fresh batch again. I have never tried to reheat the batter, so I don't know what that would do...
Hope you enjoy the cookies! :) These cookies nestled in tissue paper in a festive holiday tin would be so cute and a perfect gift for anyone special!
Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies
Makes ~3-4 dozen cookies (Tbsp sizes)

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup milk
1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the tablespoonfuls (or whatever size you desire), until cooled and hardened.


Recipe from Food Network, courtesy of Helen Ostrosky
For more of my cookie challenge cookie recipes, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment