Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Tassies


Hello all! The next chosen cookie challenge recipe is Chocolate Pecan Tassies. When I first saw this recipe on the Taste of Home magazine, I immediately added Hershey Kisses to my grocery list so I had them on hand when able to make these cookies. Well, today was the day!
On a separate note though, the Hershey Kisses that I got were the regular sized ones, although the recipe calls for miniature ones (I couldn’t find them in the grocery stores I searched…). Now that I’ve made these cookies, I would say that having the miniature Kisses would be better, just so that you can have more of the filling and pecan toppings. And I think it would look prettier too…
But overall the whole cookie is very yummy. Oh, and another thing I’m going to try next time too is to make this cookie inside aluminum mini cupcake liners instead than in the pan directly so it’s easier and perhaps prettier on presentation.
Chocolate Pecan Tassies
Makes ~2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
COOKIE:
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup AP flour

FILLING:
1 egg
1 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 packed brown sugar
Dash of salt (~1/8 tsp)
4-5 dozen miniature milk chocolate Kisses
4 Tbsp chopped pecans

Directions:
1.    In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2.    In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt until smooth; set aside. Shape dough into at least 24 one-inch balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
3.    Place a chocolate Kiss in each cup. Fill each with 1 tsp brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with ½ tsp pecans.
4.    Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-24 minutes or until set. Lightly press a second chocolate Kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Original recipe from Taste of Home - Chocolate Pecan Tassies
For more of my cookie challenge cookie recipes, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment