If you are looking for kid-friendly Christmas treats/projects, look no further! This is an easy and fast treat that you can even put together with your little ones, with no baking required! I made this for the kids to go along with the Candy Cane Cookies I posted about earlier this week, and everyone loved them! And like I said, with no baking and just some assembly required, it comes together very easily.
The original recipe called for black decorating gel, but since I had made a batch of chocolate frosting for my Coffee Bonbons, then I just used it to make the pupils in the marshmallow eyes and glue the marshmallows and M&M noses in place.
Oh, here is an idea too: if you want to display these reindeer together, you can make 7 of them with brown noses and one with a red one! :) And if you really wanted to use a different candy bar, I'm sure you could do that too, just as long as they can hold the pretzels well.
· 12 miniature pretzels, halved
· 12 fun-size Almond Joy candy bars
· 12 miniature marshmallows, halved
· Chocolate frosting or black decorating gel
· 12 red M&M’s miniature baking bits
1. Insert an end from 2 pretzel halves into each candy bar to form antlers. Apply a small amount of chocolate frosting or decorating gel on cut side of marshmallow and gently press it to onto each candy bar for each eye. Dot top of marshmallow with frosting or gel.
2. For nose, attach an M&M to the top of each candy with frosting or gel. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.