Heeeeeeeello again! Here is the latest cookie from my cookie challenge: Chocolate Snowballs. It was a pretty simple recipe to make, with just a little planning ahead needed since the dough needs to be made the night before. My husband got to try these cookies and he loved them! These cookies are very chocolate-y and go so well with a nice glass of milk. :) These may be great cookies to leave for Santa, if your family leaves any left that is!Chocolate Snowballs
Makes ~ 4 dozen cookies
· ¾ cup butter, softened at room temperature
· ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
· 1 egg
· ¼ cup milk
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 cups AP flour
· ½ cup baking cocoa
· 1 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· ¼ tsp baking soda
· Confectioner’s sugar, for coating
1. In a medium bowl, sift and combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add the flour/chocolate mixture to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into one inch balls; place them two inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the tops are crackled. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4. In a shallow bowl, add the confectioner’s sugar (about 1 cup total, variable). Roll the cookies in the sugar to coat well.