Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes & Mix


Last winter season, I came across this recipe in our local REMC seasonal magazine. I thought it was such a good idea that I made this mix as Christmas gifts for my family and friends! So I am including the recipe for the pancake mix, and also what you need to add to the mix to make the pancakes. If giving the mix as a gift, I would print the directions for the actual pancakes in a card and attach it to the gift. Enjoy!


Oatmeal Pancakes

2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
2 cups pancake mix
1 cup water

To make pancakes, beat eggs in a large bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Alternately, add water and pancake mix. Blend well. Preheat griddle. Pour 1/3 cup batter on griddle.



Oatmeal Pancake Mix
4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup instant dry nonfat milk
3 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
5 tsp salt
½ tsp cream of tartar
Mix all ingredients well. Store in a sealed container. Recipe makes 5 batches or 10 cups. Attach above pancake recipe to mix when giving it as a gift.


Source: "Electric Consumer" December 2009 issue, Bartholomew County REMC

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love pancakes, and I am always trying to incorporate more oats into my diet. This recipe fits the bill!
    http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete