Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chocolate Mint-Chocolate Cookies


Hi everyone! Remember me? Maybe you don't, since I haven't posted anything in a couple of months... I am so sorry about that; life has gotten so hectic that this blog sort of got put on the back burner. So here I am again, ready to share some more yummy treats!

This treat was made for my future brother-in-law (Brian)'s birthday. Last year I made him some cute penguin cupcakes, and this year he requested a giant cookie with ice cream! He loves the big pizzookies from BJ's and wanted something similar for his birthday. His favorite flavor? Chocolate with mint!!! So I looked around FoodBuzz to see if I could find a good chocolate cookie batter recipe, and found a wonderful recipe at Big Fat Baker, although this recipe had candied ginger. Instead of that, I added my own twist for the mint part: Andie's chocolate mint chunks. I also had some mint M&M's, so I added those too, along with actual chocolate chips. On top of this giant cookie, we placed heaping scoops of mint chocolate ice cream. 

Needless to say, the birthday "boy" was very happy :) Happy birthday Brian!

Chocolate Mint-Chocolate Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
·         1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
·         1/2 cup brown sugar
·         1/4 cup white sugar
·         1 large egg (room temperature)
·         1 tsp vanilla
·         1 cup flour
·         1/4 cup cocoa powder
·         1/2 tsp baking powder
·         pinch of salt
·         ½ cup Andies mint/chocolate chips combo (or other fillers – white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, chopped candied ginger, nuts, etc)

DIRECTIONS:
1.       Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.       Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
3.       Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
4.       Beat in the egg until well incorporated, then add the vanilla.
5.       Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, then fold in the filler(s) of your choice.
6.       Bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies) and enjoy!

Adapted from Big Fat Baker

2 comments:

  1. Of course I remember you! After a long day at work, it was refreshing to come and visit your blog. I hope you are having a good start to your week. Much love and many hugs from Austin! Thank you for sharing your creative concoctions with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! I am so glad you liked the cookies. The andies mint addition sounds like one of my favorite ice cream flavors ;) I can't wait to give your variation a try!

    ReplyDelete